Ovarian Cancer is most common in women who have had the menopause, which is usually over the age of 50 but it can affect women of any change.
As the symptoms of Ovarian Cancer can be similar to those of other conditions, it can be difficult to recognize.
- Increased abdominal size
- Persistent Bloating
- Persistent pelvic and abdominal pain
- Difficult eating, feeling full quickly or nauseous
- Other symptoms include:
- Back Pain
- Needing to pass urine more frequently and urgently than normal
- Family History
- Age – Your risk increases with age, it is most common in women over 50.
- Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT)
Preventing Ovulation temporarily or altogether –
- The contraceptive Pill
- Hysterectomy Surgery (removal of the ovaries)
- Maintaining a healthy weight – being overweight or obese can be linked to ovarian cancer